Saturday, April 19, 2008

Parempi ruoka, parempi mieli,

I've noticed that everytime I miss home, I bake and cook a lot. I use a lot of time in the kitchen, because it need certain kind of concentration. So lately I have made meatballs with cream sauce and lingonberry jam. I have cooked potatoes almost everyday when usually I just go with easy choices like pasta and rice. Johannes, Päivi, Milka and I went to IKEA for dinner one evening. Within 20 minutes of walking in (and I'm not exaggerating), all of us had eaten 15 meatballs with cream sauce, lingonberry jam and potatoes, a piece of daim cake and an ice cream.

Yesterday I wanted to bake something but we don't have a mixer so the options are limited. I made bread with cheese and olives. It turned out to be a success and even my flatmates (picky italians) liked it a lot. I made it with a style my mom made bread at a point. She just put the dough on a baking plate and put it in the oven. I patted it on the plate like she does. With the bread, I had summer salad. Cold but cooked past with fresh paprika, cucumber mixed together with a sauce (½dl lemon juice, 1dl oil, 1-2 garlic pieces, 1 tablespoon sugar, ½ teaspoons herb salt, 1 teaspoon dried dill or ½ dl of fresh and maybe a little pepper). It is the kind of salad I loved in summer parties. Refreshing and tasty. I even ate it on a paper plate to have the atmosphere.. hehe.

Today I bought strawberries. When I was little, mom cut them into pieces and put some sugar on them.



It's sunshine today, so I'm gonna go to Prato della Valle and suck some energy out of the sun.

No comments: