Wednesday, February 6, 2008

First exam,

I sucked bad. I had a line on my msn later saying didn't pass :( and Marco (guy from ESN) asked me what? He told me that I should just take it easy on me, because it was the first one and they're hard on italians too and it depends on the professor... Still I feel bad. I studied so hard and now I just feel useless. I have another one tomorrow straight. I'm intending to pass it (like this one too), but I definitely don't feel very confident about it now.

The situation was strange in the first place. I sent maybe 3 e-mails to the professors that I can't sign up through the signing up page for some reason. Yesterday evening the other one answered, so I could sign up still this morning and take the exam. The other one for tomorrow... haven't heard anything. After signing up, people were just registrating written exams (which apparently could've been done before Christmas and would cover all). In the room I was left, there was two women taking the oral exams. They took one by one people and then afterwards registered it to a book.

While two people were having the exam, other people could listen if they went to sit closer (which they did) or just read their notes still. I couldn't do anything. I was so focused on being so nervious. I probably have never been so nervious. Not knowing if I can actually do the exam in english or italian. Not knowing what she's gonna ask. Not knowing what I should answer.

I went with an older woman to talk. She asked me punch of general questions and when I started to answer she asked me more specific and I couldn't follow her path at all... I'm used to having 2 hours or time to write even three essays and using the first ½-1 hour just to make mindmaps. How the fuck can I answer to a really general question quickly when I definitely am not used to this. Then she even went to details... I have never had to remember specific years...

I'm gonna suck tomorrow so bad if the other professor is like that too. This system sucks! Though it does have advantages like making the students have a lot of detail knowledge but I still HIGHLY prefer focusing on the important and put it into practice.

Positive thing in this day was how many people encouraged me. Dino's just helping me to remember years for tomorrow's exam. Minna cheered me up so much just by being her and saying that come on girl, get up :)

PS. I can't remember if I told that Marco's thinking of going to Finland to exchange and I'm trying to convince him so today he kind of invited himself over for a finnish dinner, so I thought I'd just put a finnish dinner together and invite all the Finns (all girls) and him over :)
PSS. Tomorrow I'm going for dinner in the evening with this one new finnish girl. She seems really nice when I met her in the Carnival party last Saturday!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sä oot niin ihku hömppis! *rutistus*

Anonymous said...

Juttelin meidän vaihdossa olleiden kanssa tänään. Toinen oli Englannissa ja toinen Skotlannissa. Molemmat kertoivat kuinka vaikeaa oli omaksua lyhyessä ajassa aivan toisenlainen tapa opiskella ja tehdä kurssisuoruituksia. Suomessa panostetaan kykyyn soveltaa tietoa, mutta briteissä ilmeisesti Italian tapaan painotetaan ulkoa opetteluun.

Toinen tentti meni upeasti läpi. Tsemppiä uusintaan. Todistit jo itsellesi että pystyt, joten nyt vain tuumasta toimeen :)