Friday, August 31, 2007

Divide time to equal portions,

Teaching finnish to the new exchangies,


At Molly Malone's with Laura, Robert, Timmy (from the block) and Iain.


FEVER with Frank, Sirpa, Siru, Remon (and the spanish people).



Today I caught myself smiling again at something happened during the last few days. Yesterday, I met Tarja to get some of her leftover boxes. During a conversation while we were sitting in her house, she said something like: "But surely you will get lots of friends in Italy." I'm sure of that, but just now I'm realizing how many great friends I have here. Siru and I talked just a while ago about the friends we had in high school. Neither of us, feel we have anything in common with them anymore. There is only very few people who I've managed to stay closer friends with. Sometimes when I see some of the highschool friends in Turku and I keep thinking how did I ever managed to be their friend. We had absolutely nothing in common (except for school). There is still few great friends I've kept from Raisio/Turku.

The Wednesday that I spent in Raisio was Jussi's birthday party. I was doing some stuff in the internet and writing to my blog as I didn't have much to do during the day. Katri commented on an entry and we chatted shortly there. 10 minutes after that she was at our door (it was about 1 or 2pm) and she left at 9pm that evening.

At the Stockholm cruise, I had a great discussion with Suvi about school motivation.
Before Laura left to Korea, I went to see her and we talked about how some people can just start from where they were left, when they meet again. I like that thought. It's just human to not always have the energy to see and talk to everyone. Time and energy sources are limited. (Of course, there's sometimes also laziness included.)
I called Siru just yesterday for nothing special at all. We chatted for a while and I ended up smiling by myself in the train. Then Miika sent me a message saying something like hi for no good reason!
Today I sent mom an email about all the money arrangements and such. She sent me something back very shortly and in the end she wrote: "I miss you". Instant smile on my face.
Laura is lending me her storage space for a full year. I'm worried to use her space, because I'm sure she would use it herself too. I'm so grateful of it since this way we don't have to take all my stuff to Raisio (and then back again the next year).
Then there's Yolanda dancing with me with full speed. Julio dancing salsa and his nice voice. Remon: "We've discussed it with Frank that you're a kulta! That means a sweetheart, right?" Going to Mental Wear shop with Kimmo and Siru. Robert trying to make me smile during my horrible sleepy-day and trying to manage at the same time teach foreigners finnish. And Iain with his scottish accent and sense of humour.

"naaa no limits but u wouldnt understand and be able 2 cope as well as i can with finnish :p"
"come on. when you get wrecked, i pull asses. and you say i couldn't cope with what exactly?"
"Lol wait if i get wrecked ul pull an ass?"

It's good to leave for knowing that
I cannot remember many days of unhappiness.

23 days until leaving the country. 16 days until I move away from Vantaa.

No comments: