Friday, August 3, 2007

non-Erasmus

Not being in any kind of mobility makes many thing less easy than they probably otherwise would be. Earlier I was concerned about getting a place to live, because there was no-one to help me and I'm still continuously concerned about actually getting to study the single courses. Getting to the courses at all. But aside from those, I was worrying about how I would get to know people. As being a volunteer myself here in my university in the activities of ESN (Erasmus Student Network), I found the solution very near. I contacted the local ESN just today and got an answer very quickly.

Andrea, the secretary of ESN Padova, sent me a very warm e-mail telling me that they don't only welcome Erasmus student, but from other types of international mobilities too, such as people from China, Australia and USA and volunteers of EVS (European Volunteering Service). "We believe spirit is more important than papers!"

She also said that ESN Padova is there to help students to intergrate in the social life of Padova by organising parties, trips, cultural events, photo/dance/theater courses, concerts and a lot of activities. Because there is more than 700 students per year as well as italians, but the association is powered by voluteer power, the membership fee is there to make the prices of the events lower.

I'm getting even more excited about going. Now I just have to wait to get to actually sign up for the courses. That's the most stressing part at the moment. So keep the thumbs up and fingers crossed.

No comments: