Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Strange goals, strange people, strange habits, strange standards.

Three things. One neutral, two positive and one negative.

Neutral. I must've been stupid to take this kind of reading job. My god. I decided to make in a shorter time that I first thought, 2 days to go, so I have to get this finished by Wednesday. At this time of the night, it's tomorrow. I'm now on the page 221 of the 349 paged book. That means about 65 pages per day. I'm now behind on writing down the underlines about 50 pages. GREAT! However the lovely thing is that this kind fo activation obviously brings my senses and creativity back. I've done a cartoonish painting and heard and realized suddenly so much more of what's going on around me.

Positive. I realized due to some events happened lately within some friends, that what I like in italians - most of them at least, even if some may consider it as dishonesty and fakery - is that they can get along with anyone and put their happy face on even when they don't really like someone. You can always be nice, you don't have to like everyone. They usually don't give people unnecessary attitude, though they love rumours and gossip.

Positive. I went to Banale yesterday after studying intensively for 4 days. It was really refreshing and I noticed a change in me from the time before Christmas. So the result of the evening was much more satisfying that before. New friends, phonenumbers and meetings afterwards :) What can I, I can't blame the people not wanting to spend time with me so much before... who would want to spend time with a bitter lemon lady? :)

Negative. This comes together in a talk I had with Dino today:

Milla: when you were in exchange, did you notice that many people would've cheated on their boyfriend/girlfriends while being there?
Dino: ...
Dino: yes
Dino: a lot
Dino: the most
Dino: everyone
Dino: :D
Dino: no, not everyone but as i know a lot
Milla: umf.. i feel like a freak here, because i'm not doing something morally unaccepted. people.. strange. me... does not understand.
Dino: so, i know kissing was something which really a lot did but not everybody did more I think
Milla: here too. more over.. i don't want to know.
Milla: i'm still shocked. i saw so many people knowing they have boyfriend/girlfriends at home, that i thought were really responsible people, kissing someone.
Milla: i hope my moral standards are still fine when i come back from here. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei bitter lemon lady :D

Positiivinen lähestyminen tuottaa paremman tuloksen (= saat asiasi läpi) vaikka se monta kertaa on huomattavasti työläämpi. Hassu juttu on myös että positiivisuus ja "bitter" kylvävät ympärilleen myös samaa. Tosin niitä kateellisiakin aina löytyy jotka haluavat pilata sun hyvän tuulesi, mutta älä anna niille sitä iloa :)

Milla said...

Jos ilo on oikeeta ja ihan pohjalta tulevaa, niin ne ei varmasti pysty tekemään sitä mulle. Älä säkään anna :)